Thursday, March 17, 2011

Disclaimer Toast

I should point out that for one or two reasons, I may not be posting to this blog everyday. 

The first reason is- well, I'm a grad student and occasionally I get a burst of motivation to actually work on my graduate research.  It doesn't happen all the time.  So when it does, I feel obligated to take advantage of it and make some progress while the motivation lasts. 

The second reason I may not post everyday, is that while working on starting this blog, I found some advice from another blogger at Mermaidcloset.blogspot.com.  Her advice was, 'don't write when you're not in the mood'.  That's rarely an issue for me, as I typically organize my thoughts better with a pen and paper.  However, not everything I think needs to- or should-be shared in this blog. 

My goal is to keep this blog as constructive and positive as possible.  If you can't tell, I'm a 'glass half full' type of person.  Yes, this blog is something of a life journal, and I'm aware that life is not always a pitcher of sunshine.  I'm not denying or disputing that.  There are days when my glass gets low too.  While I look forward to sharing several aspects of my journey with you, I tend to operate under the theory that the best stories are told over drinks (my preference is tea).  Point being- I'm not going to use this blog as a place to vent.  If my glass is on the empty side, I'll probably wait for it to be half-full again before relaying the story.  It gives me time to reflect on the situation and just seems more constructive. 

Besides, you can propose more toasts with a full glass than an empty one!
 

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment